A traumatic brain injury (TBI) may be one of life's cruelest fates. Brain injuries may range from mild concussions to permanent vegetative states. Our clients in Salt Lake City, Park City and elsewhere in Utah who are suffering the effects of a brain injury have most often been injured in accidents such as the following:
- Car or truck accidents
- Recreational accidents: ski and snowboarding accidents or snowmobile and ATV accidents
- Bicycle or motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents ( premises liability cases)
- Medical mistakes resulting in hypoxic brain injury
However the brain injury occurred, a TBI patient is likely to need aggressive medical intervention followed by a lengthy period of recuperation and rehabilitation.
In a best case scenario, a brain injury patient may ultimately recover a normal lifestyle including a return to a rewarding occupation, freedom from lingering headaches, a renewed ability to function well in family and social settings — perhaps with new, but successful ways of coping with lingering effects of the brain injury. To reach for a successful outcome such as this, it is important to allow the patient to follow doctors' orders, which may mean spending a long time on bed rest, followed by therapy and rehabilitation. A skilled lawyer will fight for the client's right to top-quality physical therapy, occupational therapy and any other treatments that help the client move back toward independent, headache-free living.
In a worst-case scenario, a patient in a coma may never regain a normal lifestyle, and may be unable to live independently. Even if there is no hope of recovery of the ability to care for oneself after a head injury, it is nonetheless important to ensure quality care at home or in a nursing facility. An experienced personal injury attorney with knowledge and experience in handling traumatic brain injury cases is a useful ally in this scenario.
Consult With a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer · Utah Personal Injury Law Firm Eisenberg, Gilchrist & Cutt
Each accident, each injury, each patient and each timeline of progression after a traumatic brain injury is unique. At Eisenberg, Gilchrist & Cutt, our Park City and Salt Lake City head injury attorneys advocate vigorously on behalf of our clients in a number of ways:
- We fight for their right to the best available medical care.
- We work closely with expert witnesses such as economists and life care planners to arrive at a realistic estimate of costs and losses related to the brain injury over a lifetime.
- We fight for our clients' right to fair compensation from liable parties: motorists, manufacturers, property owners, and/or insurers.
Call 801-326-3633 for a Free Consultation After a Brain Injury in Park City, Salt Lake City or Elsewhere in Utah
For the help you need from a law firm focused on brain injury litigation, please contact us today. We offer a free consultation and representation on a "no recovery; no fee" basis.