Scenic Rides • Mountain Bike Trails • Cycling Events
If you are visiting Utah, new to Salt Lake City or a longtime resident looking to expand your bike-riding horizons, we provide this list of some suggested venues and upcoming events.
Elegal is a personal injury law firm representing victims of bicycle accidents and other serious injuries. We are likewise strong proponents of bike safety and proud supporters and sponsors of recreational cycling in Salt Lake City and statewide.
Great Places to Bike in the Great State of Utah
There is a huge variety of cycling venues around Utah for every taste, every skill level, and every type of biking. Here is a sample of popular destinations and trails:
- Park City — A popular resort town just southeast of Salt Lake City with many other diversions after a day of riding. Known for its 150 miles of scenic mountain bike trails ranging from easy to extreme.
- Moab — Another resort town in eastern Utah with all the amenities and surrounded by a large network of mountain biking trails, including the world-famous Slickrock Trail, a challenging 10-mile thrill ride through the petrified sand dunes. Arches National Park is nearby, with dirt trails offering inspiring views.
- Bryce Canyon and Red Canyon — Located near Bryce Canyon National Park in southwestern Utah, many cyclists flock to these trails that descend through the unique red rock formations. Ride back up a moderate, meandering path or take a shuttle.
Visit Utah.com for a more extensive list of popular bike trails throughout our state and other things to do and see.
Cycling Events in Utah
Numerous annual events around Utah offer something for everyone:
- The Bike Ride Across Northern Utah (Salt Lake City, touring adventure)
- Saints to Sinners Bike Relay (Salt Lake City to Las Vegas, road race)
- Mt. Ogden 50K/100K (Snowbasin, mountain bike race)
- Great Utah Bike Festival (Minersville, all types of biking)
- Heber Valley Century (scenic 100-mile ride through the Wasatch Mountains)
Visit BikeRide.com for a full list of biking events in Utah.