What is Product Liability?
Product liability is a distinct and different thing from the concept of negligence. The concept of product liability focuses not on how someone acted. It focuses on the condition of a product that is sold to the public, and if that product is in a defective and unreasonably dangerous condition when it leaves the production line of the manufacturer, then it gives rise to product liability. Product liability can be about three different things. It can be if the product has a design problem that makes it unsafe. It can be about if the product has a manufacturing fault or flaw that causes it to fail, and it can be about whether the product has a problem with inadequate or a lack of warnings or safety instructions so that the product’s dangers are not known or discovered.
We have secured damages for clients in many areas of product liability, including:
- Dangerous consumer products (toys, tools, appliances, electronics)
- Auto defects (tires, airbags, child car seats, SUV roofs)
- Bicycle defects
- Medical devices (defibrillators, stents)
- Pharmaceuticals (prescription or over-the-counter medications)
- Workplace machinery
- Food products (fresh produce, processed foods)
Call us today at (801) 901-3470 to speak with one of our experienced product liability attorneys in Salt Lake City.